10 days Best of Uganda Grand Tour
Day 1 Kampala -Bwindi
Depart from Kampala at 8:00a.m and drive towards Western Uganda. Have brief stop at the Uganda Equator for a photographic
Day 2: Bwindi Gorilla Trekking
Begin the day with breakfast ready for trekking, which begins at 8:00 am with a briefing from the UWA staff. Ensure to carry along with you rain jacket, drinking water, snacks, jungle boots etc The guides will lead you inside the jungle to see the shy Primates for a group you have been booked for. Do not forget to take your lunch boxes and all the necessary gear to track the Mountain Gorilla,
The park is a sanctuary for colobus monkeys, chimpanzees and many birds (such as hornbills and turacos). It is perhaps most notable for the Bwindi gorillas, half the world's population of the critically endangered mountain gorillas
Day 3 Bwindi -Queen Elizabeth
After breakfast transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Arrive in Queen Elizabeth National park to arrive in good time for lunch, followed by afternoon game drive to the lodge overnight Mweya Lodge
The park was later renamed Ruwenzori before it returned to its royal name. Queen Elizabeth National Park is known for its wildlife, although many animals were killed in the Uganda-Tanzania War. Many species have recovered, including hippopotami, elephants, leopards, lions and chimpanzees; it is now home to 95 species of mammal and over 500 species of birds.
- Day4 Queen Elizabeth
- An early breakfast, depart for a game drive on the northerly parts of the park along the Kasenyi track. This is the best time for opportunities of viewing the cats in action. Later, return for breakfast. In the afternoon take a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel for solitary Buffalo, Hippo and other animals at the edge of the channel as they cool off. Depending on the season, European migrant birds like the terns and gulls congregate here in large flocks overnight Mweya Lodge
Optional boat Ride within Queen Elizabeth National Park is done on the impressive Kazinga Channel a 40 kilometer water long natural channel that links Lake Edward plus Lake George. Normally the boat sets off every day at either 09.00 am local time or at 2:00pm in the afternoon
- Day 5 Queen Elizabeth
- An early breakfast, Full day gamedrive . Overnight at Lake Victoria View Lodge
- Day 6 Queen Elizabeth-Kibale Forrest
- After breakfast, drive Kibale Forrest to search for smaller mammals and primates. Look out for the rare red colobus monkey and the sitatunga
- Overnight Kibale Forest Bandas / Primate Lodge / Ndali Lodge
Chimpanzee Tracking is a guided walk and due to the presence of 13 primates living inside the park, you commonly find no less than 5 or 6 different kinds of primates. Then the forest itself is a natural beauty. Butterflies plus exotic birds are plentiful in park and the Chimpanzee tracking experience offers a lot more than just Chimpanzees. Usually you’ll see approximately Five to six different primate species of the thirteen species that stay in Kibale Forest.
Kibale Forest hosts around 1500 Chimpanzees and it is the Finest Place to track Chimpanzees in East Africa. Kibale Rainforest is as well where the great West African Jungles meet East Africa so you can easily see the chimpanzees, various trees and monkeys on this adventure.
Day 7 Kibale Forrest -Murchison Falls
After breakfast, drive Murchison Falls National Park. Make a brief visit to Ziwa Rhino sanctuary before proceeding to the park with a lunch break enroute.
Upon arrival at Murchison Falls National Park, take a short hike to the “Top of the fall” for a breathtaking sight of the raging Nile. Check in at your Lodge/ Camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8: Wild Life Viewing and Nile River Boat Cruise to the Thundering Falls.
After early breakfast, take on an early morning game drive on the northern bank of River Nile in the Park’s palm studded grassland supports dense populations of wild life. Return to your accommodation unit for a lunch break.
After lunch, take on a scheduled afternoon launch cruise along the Nile River up to the bottom of the thundering falls where you will see huge crocodiles, schools of hippos, buffalos, elephants and a variety of water birds. Retire at Lodge/ Camp for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 9 Full Day -Murchison Falls
- After break fast head to the Delta in search for bird life and enjoy the game drive to look for lions, giraffes, herds of elephants, buffaloes and many more. large herds of the localized Thornicroft’s giraffe are found in the park. Murchison Falls is the only park, aside from Kidepo, where giraffes are found in Uganda. The rare Patas monkey can sometimes be spotted on the grassy plains.
- Day 10 Murchison Falls -Kampala
- After breakfast, proceed for Kampala stopping at the Mpigi Royal Drum Makers en route where you will able to watch the ceremonial drums being crafted using methods passed down through generations.There will also be time to stop at the equator for photographs. You arrive Kampala in the early evening.